Tagline

Things we love, things we like and things that ruffle our feathers.

December 29, 2011

Sara In The City: A New Year, A New Me


So it is that time of year again. A time where we kiss the year goodbye and look ahead to next one with cheerful optimism.

I have to say 2011 was an interesting year for me. I graduated college and got a real job as some people would say. It was also a trying year filled with illness and strife. It's safe to say I am ready to kick 2011 to the curb.

I often think New Year's resolutions are silly but this year I have made a long list of them. I am determined to learn from the mistakes of 2011 and make 2012 the best year yet.

First, I will get healthy. Now, I know the most popular New Year's resolution is to lose weight. While I wouldn't miss a few pounds, that is not what I am after. I don't want to be super model or anything close to that. I want to start taking care of myself. It is time to start treating my body the way it deserves to be treated. Maybe put down the soda and start eating some salad.

That leads me to my second resolution. I not only want to be healthy physically but mentally and emotionally as well. I want to start taking part in the activities I have been wanting to do for sometime. This past year I have been thinking something has been missing in my life and I finally realized that I have been wanting to get closer to my faith. I joined a Bible study group with an old childhood friend that begins the first week of January. I couldn't be more excited.

Finally, write, write and write. As a professional journalist, you would think this would be easy. I don't just want to write for a paycheck but also write for my soul. I want to write that story that has been digging deep inside me for some time now.

While I am always hopeful around this time of year, there is more of a skip to my step these days. I am ready to take on 2012.

What are your New Year's resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...