Tagline

Things we love, things we like and things that ruffle our feathers.

January 6, 2012

Editor's Letter: Welcome to the Future of Fashion

If you follow my tweets on @rufflings or my personal account @brianti, you know that I have been insanely excited about our new fashion features on the website. When I was editing it, I couldn't wait to share it with everyone and now two stories have already gone up this week!

About a week after we launched in October, I realized the section was not what I wanted it to be. We needed a change. So, I wrote up a plan. Then, I sent it to Jeni (Executive Editor) and she added some amazing shopping features, like our upcoming The Bottom Line. The two of us kept Catrina (Fashion Director) on a Google Hangout after one of our conference calls until around midnight and, even though she had to be at work the next morning, she jumped right on board and starting thinking of ways to make it work.

We put a lot of energy into the planning. Jeni, Catrina and the fashion team put even more work into executing everything, so we hope you enjoy the first bits of it rolling out this month.

So far, we've posted one of our Get the Look stories (I seriously need Rachel Bilson's outfit!) and Runway/Real Way (peplum is making a splash). There are a few more features to come and I'll try to mention them as they are released. Be sure to follow @feather_mag, so you never miss a story!

Speaking of fashion, we added a new features on Ruffled Feathers yesterday called Trend Spy. Through my blog, I notice a lot of trends in magazines and I wanted to use my knowledge to create a quick resource to shop based on those trends. I know if I see an item of clothing I love on a blog or in a magazine, I start searching for it immediately. Feel free to suggest future trends!

What trends are you loving right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...