Lana Del Rey gives a salute.
(image via Abeano)
Fourth of July is right around the corner and I wanted to make sure all our readers celebrated in style. I put together 3 looks inspired by some very patriotic celebrities to give you some guidance on what you can wear.
|1. Mesh Insert Skater Dress, $90 (topshop.com)|
2. Cat Eye Sunglasses, $9.99 (ebay.com.au)
3. Good Knife Edge Hoops, $5 (us.dorothyperkins.com)
4. Nude Court Shoes, $16 (selectfashion.co.uk)
This look is perfect if you are spending your Fourth of July at a special event! I was inspired to create this outfit after coming across Lana Del Ray's simple—yet very patriotic—look pictured above. She uses white as the dominant color, and sprinkles red and blue into her outfit. I love Lana's look because it is elegant and classy. So, if you need to dress up for your occasion, try using one dominant color and the others sparingly. You can add white accessories, like sunglasses or a purse to give the look a more festive feeling.
|1. Burn Out Flag Print Top, $16 (debenhams.com) |
2. Half Day Shorts, $30 (weekday.com)
3. Mixed Chain Necklace, $28 (janenorman.co.uk)
4. Eve Cap Toe Pumps, $82 (forevernew.com.au)
5. Metal Sunglasses, $4.99 (hm.com)
|1. Holly Tee, $28 (weekday.com)|
2. USA Flag Denim Shorts, $12.45 (ebay.co.uk)
3. Smooth Operator Glasses, $9.99 (tillys.com)
4. Chuck Taylor All Star, $45 (zappos.com)
I normally spend my holiday at the carnival and then watching the fireworks. If you spend the fourth like me, this outfit was styled just for you! Inspired by Kylie Jenner's casual look, it's something I'd wear out all day walking around because the most important thing is to be comfortable, while looking good. You need shoes that won't make your feet or legs hurt, so throw on some Convese.
If you happen to one of those lucky people who spend their Forth of July at the beach, you can check out Feather Magazine's article on how to mix and match your bathing suit!
Which look will you be sporting this holiday?
Jasmine Perry is a Fashion Blogger at Ruffled Feathers. You can read her personal blog and follow her on Twitter.