|(image via family.go.com)|
You know to always get a good amount of protein and energy before a workout, but remember it's just as important to get your fix post workout. Your body needs the mix of carbs and protein to build and repair muscle and recharge your energy. Although, you want to avoid coming home from the gym and rewarding yourself with a bag of chips.
Here are some ideas for perfect post-workout snacks. And the best part is? They're all under 150 calories!
- A handful of baby carrots with two tablespoons of humus or low-fat ranch dressing
- An apple with one tablespoon of peanut butter (my favorite!)
- One low-fat (preferably organic) cheese stick and a handful of red grapes
- One Greek Yogurt, any flavor
- One banana with a handful of raw almonds
These are just some ideas to motivate you to snack healthy and smart after putting in a good workout at the gym. Mix and match these healthy snacks to find something that keeps you satisfied.
Lesley Anders is a Health blogger for Ruffled Feathers. You can read her personal blog or follow her on Twitter.